While this article held some valid points, I really think
many of things it said men expressed were kind of absurd. I do agree that yes
everyone loves to express themselves and not “bottle up their emotions”, those
types of things are healthy regardless of gender. And yes who doesn’t love to
smell a good ol’ bed of roses every once in a while. I just have a hard time believing
that every guy they surveyed wanted to paint their nails and wear sundresses.
One thing I noticed is that they never state how many guys they surveyed or
more importantly what type of men they surveyed. In other words, what was their
population and sample like that they put in the survey? We don’t know! This
article also never tells us of any guy who says he wouldn’t do any “feminine”
things even if there weren’t gender barriers. Personally, I would never paint
my nails or do anything likened unto that activity. So I don’t think this
article can be presented as real evidence for the subject, it can be skewed or
misrepresented to easily. Of course, I don’t speak for every guy out there, but
personally that is how I viewed this article. .
I agree with you. I read the article feeling confused about what they were trying to get across. Also, it seemed to contain quite a few generalizations.
ReplyDeleteI'm curious as well as to how many men they surveyed and what social grouping they did as well. It's also good to hear your opinion to hear from another point of view as well as the ones listed in the article. Great insight!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that. I agree with what you said. I like how you put it that some of the things those men expressed are healthy, it doesn't matter what gender. Nice insite, man.
ReplyDelete