I really like this video! This is not the first time I have
watched it, but it gets better every time I see it. I do believe that he is
correct when he says that millennials have been “dealt a bad hand”. We were
born in a time that where so much is expected of us. We also live in a time of
great technology which has brought about a certain need for instant
gratification. The combination of all these things has primed us millennials to
have a very big fear of failure. Along with that we feel large amounts of shame
when we do fail. This certainly backs up the statistics that show that the millennial
generation is more prone to things such as shame, depression, laziness etc. While
this is very true, I also believe everyone is in charge of their own lives. I
believe we all have the power to choose our own destiny. While millennials have
certainly been dealt a bad deck, that is no excuse to have the millennial mindset.
There are plenty of millennials who still believe in honest hard work and that
the past doesn’t create their future, they do. I am in no way discrediting real
mental health issues, such as depression, I am simply saying that everyone has
the power to create the circumstances they want. You can’t change the world in
yoga pants people!
This was an awesome video! He hit every spot that depicts the millennial generation. We need to stop making excuses and take our lives by the reigns and stop being afraid of the future. Just like you said, everyone has the power to create the circumstances they want, and it starts by putting the smartphone aside and assessing where you are in life. Thanks for your input man!
ReplyDelete