Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Topical Blog Post #14

Going off of my experiment last week, this week I posted something that was much less controversial. My post literally said this "I don't understand how some people choose not to eat meat. If I could have an all meat diet, I would" This post was not confrontational to anyone. But here are three responses that I got.
"What you don't think vegans are people too? People like you are what's wrong with the world"

"well you are what you eat--a pig" (lol at that one)

"good thing you like to murder thousands of innocent animals" (she then posted a link to an article that was about factory farming).

I was shocked that a post this simple and about MY PERSONAL PREFERENCES got that much attention and people were actually offended by it. While this post wasn't necessarily political, it demonstrates that people attack almost anything you say on social media. It is dividing us more and more and the "discussions" that take place are close to meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment